To help you get started on your letter to the City, we have created a this simple letter writing tool for you to use accessible here: https://savechinatownheritage.github.io/105keefer/
City Letter Submission Details
Revised rezoning application information:
Why you should say “No” to 105 Keefer:
- Unaffordable for locals – Its proposed market housing will perpetuate affordability crisis in Vancouver
- Economic displacement – It will economically displace Vancouver’s most vulnerable citizens and the affordable, culturally appropriate businesses they depend on.
- Lack of architectural merit – Architectural design has been rejected by City of Vancouver’s Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee twice, including the current proposal.
- Inappropriate use of culturally sensitive site – Located on the Keefer Triangle, the most culturally sensitive area in the neighborhood named #2 on National Trust for Canada Top 10 Most Endangered Sites in 2016.
- Height and mass unfit for area – It’s 4X taller and 3.5X denser than the average building in its surrounding area.
- Rejected by community – Over 1800 combined signatures opposing proposals to date. Past and current proposals have been rejected by Chinatown Heritage Area Planning Committee, Vancouver Chinatown Revitalization Committee, Building Community Society of Greater Vancouver